Monday, January 26, 2009

Disappointed

Ok. So I really had high hopes that I wouldn''t be disappointed when I saw Twilight, even though everyone warned me it was not like the book and not nearly as good. But-I was let down anyway. I just think they left out way too much and Edward and Bella's story could have been told with so much more detail. Neway, just wanted to vent. It could also be bothering me because I am such a dork and became overly obsessed with the book that I couldn't get past it. Matt seemed to like it and think that it was fine, stating that he was pleased with the movie. Ok..done with that rant..

Now onto another one...So the stroller that we had registered for @ Wal-Mart has only been in a few select stores and I haven't actually seen it yet. Matt and I were in WM yesterday and they happened to have our stroller on display. Except the display was chained down, so we couldn't remove it to examine it. When I asked the woman there if she could get it down for us so I could see if it was what I wanted, if I could take it down easily, etc..her response, was "No, we are not allowed to take them down. You can only look @ them". WTF!!! So, me being the nice person that I am could not resist letting her know that was ridiculous and I would definitely not be purchasing a stroller from Wal-Mart! How do they justify someone dropping 220.00 on an item that you can only "look but don't touch"?? I think I'm just going to boycott WM altogether as the more I return to that place, the more frustrated I get!!

I'll stop ranting now. I need to think happy thoughts :)

2 comments:

The Perry Family said...

haha you're funny! that lady was probably just too lazy to do it and told you no. heffer.

anyway, i haven't seen the movie yet. i was really wanting to see it and couldn't believe i had not had the chance to go to the movies and do so, but the more people told me about it, i wasn't as excited to see it anymore. it comes out on dvd march 21st and i will just buy it and watch it at the house. these books are on such a pedastal with me that i don't like reading much of anything else anymore. not even nicholas sparks. his books are disappointing to me now after reading the twilight series. that's saying something for me! haha i'm reading her other book right now, the host. it is ok, but once again, it's no twilight.

Debbi said...

yay, seriously, if my sister jenny had not already seen the movie and I hadn't read the reviews I would have been dissapointed, instead I went with two of my sisters and we laughed the entire time - seriously, didn't you think jasper was just soo funny? Plus there were so many awkward points in the movie that I didn't feel in the book - the special effects were not that "special" unless you want to qualify them for really really "special" if you know what I mean. hahah! I am glad I didn't watch it with Wade or he would have made fun of me!

Before we saw this we were talking - me and my sisters - about how they can make a sequal to it in just one year, and make it good and now I know -they don't have to make it good, because so many teenagers LOVED it the way it was! haha!

ok, enough going off on it. I'm sorry you were dissapointed.

That stroller issue would make me mad too